Forty million years in the making, Australia’s dramatic landscapes and rich cultural heritage are guaranteed to take your breath away. Come and witness the magic. Explore Australia.
Location: Australia is located in Southern Hemisphere, comprising the mainland of the Australian continent (the world’s smallest), the island of Tasmania, and numerous smaller islands in the Indian and Pacific Oceans.
Largest city: Sydney
Area: 7.6 mil. km2 (2.9 mil. sq mi)
Population: 22,163,306 (2010 estimate)
Currency: Australian Dollar (AUD) check exchange rates
Time zone: various (UTC +8 to +10.5)
Source: Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Things Not to Miss in Australia
- Sydney Harbour & The Bridge – take a harbour cruise, learn to sail, kayak or go jet-boating. Walk across or climb to the top of the bridge for the best views in town.
- Kakadu National Park is a World Heritage-listed area of pristine wilderness, ancient Aboriginal rock art sites and hundreds of bird species.
- Dive into the colourful underwater world of the Great Barrier Reef.
- South Australia’s Wine Regions – explore the many famous wine regions of South Australia including the Barossa Valley and the Clare Valley.
- Get up close and personal with a Tasmanian Devil at one of the wildlife parks found throughout the state.
- Melbourne – visit in spring for the gardens, the Melbourne Cup and the Aussie Rules Grand Final.
- Hiking through the World Heritage listed Purnululu National Park and Bungle Bungle range.